The Center for Advanced Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine at Jeanes Hospital provides specialized treatment for chronic and non-healing wounds, which are defined as sores or wounds that have not significantly improved with conventional treatments.
Chronic and non-healing wounds can result from a number of factors, including diabetes, poor circulation, trauma, vascular disease, and immobility (which can lead to pressure ulcers, commonly known as "bed sores"). If not treated properly, these wounds may significantly reduce quality of life and, in severe cases, may lead to amputation.
When wounds persist, a specialized approach is required for healing. Typically, a wound that does not respond to normal medical care within 30 days is considered a chronic or problem wound.
That's where the Jeanes Wound Care Center can help. With state-of-the-art treatments, including debridement, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, dressing selection, special shoes and patient education, people with non-healing and chronic wounds now have a place to turn. The Center features a highly trained staff, comfortable and modern treatment rooms and two monoplace (single-person) hyperbaric chambers.
Are You a Candidate for Specialized Wound Care?
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, ask your physician about a referral to the Center for Advanced Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine at Jeanes Hospital, or contact us for an assessment. If you are a candidate for this outpatient program, the Wound Care Center will work with you and your doctor to deliver:
- Advanced therapies such as hyperbaric oxygen
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you treatments designed for your specific needs
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your treatment
- Education for you and your family to help healing happen at home, including materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene and more
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with you and your doctor so that you each remain informed about your progress
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Jeanes Wound Care Center at 215-214-3010.
Frequently asked questions
Read frequently asked questions about Wound Care
read more »
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Learn more about hyperbaric oxygen therapy at the Jeanes Wound Care Center
read more »